Welcome to the MACDC Racial Equity Pledge webpage! The pledge was launched at our Annual Meeting on November 18, 2021. Please join us by having your organization adopt and sign the racial equity pledge!
Here you will find the following:
- Racial Equity Pledge
- Racial Equity Pledge process video - Check out this video to learn about the process MACDC undertook to develop this pledge!
- Racial Equity Pledge PowerPoint Slides (PDF) - Check out these PowerPoint slides for a summary of the pledge and its background!
- Racial Equity Pledge Info Session
- Starting Race Talk Glossary
- Starting Race Talk Resource List
- Sample Board Discussion Agenda
- Racial Equity Pledge Webpage Template
- The Boston Foundation's Resource to help the nonprofit sector address racial equity issues
- Information on next steps (see below)
Step by Step - Adopting and Signing the Racial Equity Pledge
Step 1: Bring the Racial Equity Pledge to the board. Note: The pledge document is available on this webpage.
Step 2: Show the Racial Equity Pledge process video.
Step 3: Present the pledge to the board using the sample agenda as a guide. Note: The pledge is available in a PowerPoint format.
Step 4: Call for a board vote. Discuss and decide action steps. Note: This process may take two meetings.
Step 5: Report back to Shirronda Almeida, Director of MKI at Shirrondaa@macdc.org and/or Tiana Lawrence, Program Associate at the MKI at email@example.com. Once MACDC is notified about the pledge, we will send the official Racial Equity Pledge logo for your website.
Thank You to Our Pledge Adoptees!
- Allston Brighton CDC
- Asian CDC
- Coalition for a Better Acre
- Codman Square NDC
- Community Development Partnership
- Community Teamwork
- Dorchester Bay EDC
- Fenway CDC
- Groundwork Lawrence
- Harborlight Community Partners
- Hilltown CDC
- Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA)
- Jamaica Plain NDC
- Main South CDC
- Metro Housing Boston
- Metro West Collaborative Development
- NeighborWorks Housing Solutions
- NewVue Communities
- Nuestra CDC
- Opportunity Communities
- Pittsfield Economic Revitalization Corporation (PERC)
- Revitalize CDC
- Somerville Community Corporation
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC)
- The Neighborhood Developers
- Urban Edge
- Valley CDC
- WATCH CDC
- Worcester Common Ground