Welcome to the MACDC Racial Equity Pledge webpage! The pledge was launched at our Annual Meeting on November 18, 2021. Please join us by having your organization adopt and sign the racial equity pledge!
CLICK HERE to register for the 11/30 Racial Equity Pledge workshop, where you will learn more about the program overall, be able to ask questions and engage with your colleagues.
Here you will find the following:
- Racial Equity Pledge
- Racial Equity Pledge process video - Check out this video to learn about the process MACDC undertook to develop this pledge!
- Racial Equity Pledge PowerPoint Slides (PDF) - Check out these PowerPoint slides for a summary of the pledge and its background!
- Starting Race Talk Glossary
- Starting Race Talk Resource List
- Sample Board Discussion Agenda
- Information on next steps (see below)
Step by Step - Adopting and Signing the Racial Equity Pledge
Step 1: Bring the Racial Equity Pledge to the board. Note: The pledge document is available on this webpage.
Step 2: Show the Racial Equity Pledge process video.
Step 3: Present the pledge to the board using the sample agenda as a guide. Note: The pledge is available in a PowerPoint format.
Step 4: Call for a board vote. Discuss and decide action steps. Note: This process may take two meetings.