In the early morning hours of January 6th, in the last sitting of the 192nd General Court – merely hours before a new legislature would be sworn in, legislators approved the conference report to advance a comprehensive economic development, housing assistance and pandemic relief bill to the Governor’s desk.
At Our Core
MACDC is an association of mission-driven community development organizations dedicated to creating places of opportunity where ALL people can live with dignity while participating in and benefiting from our Commonwealth's economy.
Learn more about:
MACDC held our Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 19th. Two hundred and fifty community development leaders and professionals from across the Commonwealth came together on Zoom to network, share and reflect on the past year. If you missed it, you can watch the recording, and check out the Program Book.
Here are some highlights:
- CDC Roll Call: Since the beginning of the COVID-19 public health and economic crisis, MACDC members have stepped up and are responding to the crisis in various ways. In this video, they tell us about one thing they have done to help their communities weather the pandemic. This is a must watch!
- Community Development Awards:
- Francisco Ramos from NewVue Communities received the Ricanne Hadrian Award for his outstanding organizing work.
- Will Monson of Homeowners' Rehab, Inc, JaVonica Latson of Quincy Geneva New Vision CDC, and Sarah Jenness, Board Member of Fenway CDC were honored with Rising Star awards.
- Spoken Word Performance: Isaiah Almonte, from the IBA Youth Program, gave a powerful performance of his poem, "Killing my Color."
As the Commonwealth and the Country came to terms with the true impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in mid-March 2020, I closed the MACDC offices, and sent our staff home with their laptop computers. MACDC’s staff knew that our focus had to remain on two things: 1) helping our members adjust to the reality of a pandemic; and 2) advocating for the communities we serve and represent.
No front page content has been created yet.