At Our Core
MACDC is an association of mission-driven community development organizations dedicated to creating places of opportunity where ALL people can live with dignity while participating in and benefiting from our Commonwealth's economy.
Learn more about:
MACDC held our Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 19th. Two hundred and fifty community development leaders and professionals from across the Commonwealth came together on Zoom to network, share and reflect on the past year. If you missed it, you can watch the recording, and check out the Program Book.
Here are some highlights:
- CDC Roll Call: Since the beginning of the COVID-19 public health and economic crisis, MACDC members have stepped up and are responding to the crisis in various ways. In this video, they tell us about one thing they have done to help their communities weather the pandemic. This is a must watch!
- Community Development Awards:
- Francisco Ramos from NewVue Communities received the Ricanne Hadrian Award for his outstanding organizing work.
- Will Monson of Homeowners' Rehab, Inc, JaVonica Latson of Quincy Geneva New Vision CDC, and Sarah Jenness, Board Member of Fenway CDC were honored with Rising Star awards.
- Spoken Word Performance: Isaiah Almonte, from the IBA Youth Program, gave a powerful performance of his poem, "Killing my Color."
Based on data collected from MACDC’s 2020 GOALs (Growing Opportunities, Assets, and Leaders) survey, MACDC published a report that details Massachusetts CDCs’ growing engagement in the health space and creates a foundation from which further develop our field’s work – as individual CDCs an
On October 21st, Governor Baker announced the 2020 Affordable Rental Housing Awards- 28 projects in 19 communities, which will result in more than 2,400 housing units, including 2,166 affordable rental units.
No front page content has been created yet.