Growing up, I thought climate change was only about protecting the natural world – saving polar bears, hugging trees, and recycling instead of throwing it in the trash. Now, as I wrap up my bachelor’s degree in environmental science at Boston University and my year-long climate policy internship with MACDC, I have a very different perspective.
At Our Core
MACDC is an association of mission-driven community development organizations dedicated to creating places of opportunity where ALL people can live with dignity while participating in and benefiting from our Commonwealth's economy.
Learn more about:
Learn how CDCs across Massachusetts mission performed and responded to the pandemic.
- $842.6 million invested in local communities
- 63,359 families supported with housing, jobs, and other services
- 1,586 commmunity leaders engaged
- 1,043 homes built or preserved
- 4,054 job opportunities created or preserved
- 2,607 entrepreneurs provided technical or financial assistance
On May 5th, the Baker-Polito Administration released its Five-Year Capital Investment Plan for 2023-2027, which includes its Fiscal Year 2023 Capital Budget.
On April 14th, Housing and Economic Development Secretary Mike Kennealy and DHCD Undersecretary Jennifer Maddox joined state and local officials in Gloucester to announce awards for 15 affordable rental housing developments, located in 14 communities.
No front page content has been created yet.