Supportive Housing Sponsors Awarded Funding to Improve Lives
On July 19th in Worcester, Lt. Governor Polito was joined by senior Administration officials and Worcester’s Mayor and Acting City Manager to announce Permanent Supportive Housing awards. The awards went to 11 projects, which collectively will provide 237 permanent housing units and 200 shelter beds for families and individuals.
The MA Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), working with the Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC), awarded more than $31 million in direct subsidies, tax credits, and housing vouchers.
Among the 11 projects awarded funding, 6 are sponsored by MACDC Members. They include:
- NeighborWorks Housing Solutions, in partnership with Father Bills & Mainspring, is developing 150 Pleasant Street in Attleboro, which will create 22 new supportive housing units and 18 emergency shelter beds.
- In creating Warren Street Housing, Commonwealth Land Trust will rehabilitate 26 single-room occupancy (SRO) units in 2 buildings, in Boston’s Roxbury neighborhood.
- 35 Harvey Street in Cambridge is an occupied rehabilitation project, sponsored by Homeowners Rehab Inc., which will provide 12 SRO units with individuals bathrooms and kitchenettes.
- Harborlight Community Partners, working with The Haven Project, will construct Catalyst Housing in Lynn, an historic re-use that will provide 24 studio units.
- New Point Apartments is an 18-unit historic preservation project in Salem, sponsored by North Shore CDC.
- Home City Development will newly construct 275 Chestnut Supportive Housing at the site of the former YMCA building in Springfield, providing 29 SRO units.