The Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations (MACDC) and the Massachusetts Minority Contractors Association (MMCA) Launched the "Boston Pilot Program" in April at the Kroc Center in Dorchester with over 100 supporters to support business growth and expansion opportunities for minority contractors, and local women-owned and small businesses. The goal is to ensure 30% of the work goes to MBE contractors and 10% to WBE contractors.
MACDC and MMCA are linking minority, women, small and local businesses to "targeted pipeline projects" slated for development by local Community Development Corporations (CDCs) to create business expansion and growth opportunities in Boston's neighborhoods. The Boston Pilot Program was created through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between MACDC and MMCA to identify and implement strategies to increase minority, woman-owned and local small business participation on construction projects developed by local CDCs.
Participating Community Development Corporations (CDCs)
- Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation
- Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Madison Park Development Corporation
- Nuestra Communidad Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Urban Edge Neighborhood Development Corporation - See more at: http://macdc.org/about/news#sthash.2JhWf80V.dpuf