2014 Community Development Awards
Please review the selection criteria and use them to guide your written comments. Please return this form, the nominee narrative, and other supporting materials, to Shirronda Almeida at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 19, 2014.
- The Ricanne Hadrian Award - Presented to a CDC project manager or organizer who meaningfully engages local residents in building economically and racially just communities.
- The Richard Smith Award - Presented to a CDC staff person or board member who exemplifies outstanding commitment, leadership and achievement for the community development movement in Massachusetts.
- The Rising Star Award – This award is presented to up to five people: a CDC Director, staff or Board member, less than 40 years old, who has demonstrated outstanding innovation, leadership and achievement.
Public and Private Sector Award
- Excellence in Community Development - Presented to an individual or agency from the public sector that has provided exceptional support and leadership for the community development movement in Massachusetts.
- Jeffrey Graham Award – This award is presented to a person or organization from the private sector that has provided exceptional support and leadership for the community development movement in Massachusetts.
Award Nominated for:
Length of Service in Position:
Name of Nominator:
Please submit a one page (maximum) description of the nominee’s qualifications and accomplishments in the form of a typed narrative. You may attach letters of support and documents to demonstrate the applicant’s accomplishments. We are looking for nominees’ who:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the Community Economic Development field;
- Demonstrate a commitment to the vision and core values embraced by MACDC and its members
- Make a substantial contribution to both the field and the community;
- Bring innovation to their job;
- Involve the community in decision-making and priority-setting;
- Enhance the “sense of community”; and/or
- Serve as mentor to others.